Frequently asked questions
Below you can find answers to some of the questions that we are most frequently asked regarding stays at our manor. You can find information about check-in and check-out, as well as opening hours for all of our facilities.
- We welcome smaller dogs (up to 25 kg) that are quiet and clean in our designated dog-friendly rooms. We’ve put together a dog package to make the stay enjoyable for your four-legged friend.
- Dogs are welcome in all room categories except for superior rooms and junior suites.
- Please inform us at the time of booking if you are traveling with a dog, and we will prepare everything for your check-in. Price: 500 DKK in total.
- You can order room service for your room during the following hours: Monday-Saturday: from 12 PM to 8 PM.
- You can upgrade the room for an additional fee. We can offer rooms with a bathtub or terrace. There is an option to upgrade to one of our 4 junior suites.
- “You will receive an offer for an upgrade via email approximately 3 days before arrival.
- At Scheelsminde, we also have specially equipped rooms for guests with reduced mobility. Contact the reception via email at scheelsminde@scheelsminde if you would like to learn more about the options.
- We have two rooms that are designed to be allergy-friendly. Always inform us in advance if you have allergies – including when it comes to food. For breakfast, there’s the option to have gluten-free bread and oat or soy milk.
- All smoking, including E-cigarettes are prohibited indoors.
- Smoking is only permitted at the designated ashtrays outside the hotel.
- Smoking indoors will result in a surcharge of DKK 3,000 / 400 EUR.
- Yes, there is free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel.
- The internet code is ‘98183233’.
- You can definitely order flowers or a gift for arrival. Please write an email with your order.
- The order should include the reservation number or arrival date and name, as well as the amount for the gift and what it should contain (roses, chocolates, fruit basket, and champagne).
- Buses run directly to Aalborg city center, the train station, and the bus terminal from the bus stop at Mariendal Mølle on Hobrovej. It’s about a 7-minute walk from Scheelsminde to this bus stop.
- Bus number 16 stops right at Scheelsminde approximately every half hour, and with this bus, you can reach Skalborg Station or continue towards City Syd.
- Scheelsminde is only 3 km from Skalborg train station and 3.6 km from Aalborg train station.
Plan your train journey here: Rejseplanen
- Aalborg Airport is approximately 9 km from Scheelsminde, and there are good bus connections to and from Scheelsminde.
- Yes, you can. We have three charging stations for electric cars at our manor.
- We collaborate with MONTA, so you just need to download their app and follow the charging instructions provided there. Payment is also done through the app.
- Monday-Friday: from 06:30 AM to 10:00 PM
- Saturday: from 07:30 AM to 10:00 PM
- Sunday: from 07:30 AM to 7:00 PM
- Monday-Friday from 12:00 PM to 2:30 PM
À la carte & gastronomy
- Monday-Wednesday from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- Thursday-Saturday from 5:30 PM to 9:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed
- Every day from 06:30 AM to 10:00 PM
- Monday-Saturday: 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed
- Fast check-in/check-out is a digital key system that allows you to check in without visiting the reception.
- On the day of arrival, you will receive a personal key code via SMS, which you need to enter on the door lock to your room. On the departure day, you will receive a new SMS with a link that you can use to check out. After approving any possible charges, you can check out online and be ready for departure.
- If you need assistance or prefer to check in using the traditional method, you are always welcome to approach the reception.
- You will receive a key code for the room via SMS on the day of arrival. This code is used to open the door to the room – we do not use physical keys.
- Contact the reception via email at scheelsminde@scheelsminde if you need assistance.
- As a general rule, you can check in to your room from 3:00 PM.
- If the room is ready before the scheduled time, you can check in earlier. You will receive an SMS with information about the door code when the room is ready.
- You need to check out by 11 AM on the departure day.