We work towards a sustainble future
In the Bühlmann Family, we have a strong focus on sustainable development and how our actions impact the future. We take responsibility for protecting the environment and have therefore created the Bühlmann Believe concept, which illustrates our ambitious sustainability policy across the entire group.
You can see our primary focus areas below:
- Local and organic are our key words when it comes to choosing not only ingredients, but also partners and suppliers
- We are constantly working towards reducing our total energy consumption
- We care about how our fellow human beings feel and take responsibility for social sustainability
kitchens that will make a difference
Sustainability tastes great
Bühlmann kitchens are not afraid to make a difference, and this is clearly reflected in our daily work. We constantly focus on how we can make your plate sustainable and tasty at the same time.
Below you can read some of the kitchens’ green initiatives:
INGREDIENTS WITH CARE
We keep it organic & local
Common to all our Bühlmann’s restaurants is that the ingredients are selected with great care. Our chefs always prioritise organic and local ingredients so you can eat and drink with a clear conscience in all our hotels.
Below you can see some of our initiatives that we follow when buying ingredients:
- We buy meat from Danish producers who place emphasis on animal welfare, for example from Himmerland and Rokkedahl
- We put the local producers first and have, for example, a close collaboration with Thy Whiskey, Aalborg Chokoladen, Vin og Specialiteter, Staarup Haandbryg, Aabybro Mejeriand Tolne Gjæstgivergaard
- We prioritise buying organic ingredients, for example from Hestbjerg Økologi, Bies Bryggeri and Lille Østergaards Økologi
- We grow our own vegetables, herbs and berries at several of our hotels
We do not compromise
For us, it is important that those we work with have a green profile that matches our values. We therefore, work with producers and suppliers who are either local, organic or sustainable in their approach.
You can read more about our initiatives concerning partners below:
- We procure on the basis of our sustainable guidelines in our procurement policy, where the priority is long-term and resource-saving products
- We select interiors that are both certified and environmentally approved
- We work with manufacturers and suppliers who live up to certain requirements in relation to sustainability, for example Peter Larsen Kaffe and Circular Coffee Community
- We have increased our focus on working with local entrepreneurs to help grow businesses.
REDUCED ENERGY CONSUMPTION
We are constantly working towards reducing our total CO2 emissions, and we constantly focus on sustainable solutions for future development. We have developed an action plan for each hotel to make sure so that we are constantly evolving.
You can see examples of some of our energy-saving initiatives below:
- We focus on minimising our energy and water consumption by, for example, using water-saving elements and energy-saving light bulbs.
- We have minimised a large part of our paper consumption through digitisation – and the paper we use is FSC-certified
- We recycle materials and have a minimal consumption of disposable materials
- We buy all our electronics through Refurb, and all our computers, printers and copiers are eco-labelled
- We opt out of environmentally harmful packaging and instead buy degradable packaging
- We have a strong focus on informing staff as well as guests about how to reduce energy consumption
- We always buy new products with a focus on longevity, recycling and energy consumption
- We focus on increasing the share of sustainable energy
- We compost our garden waste and use rainwater collectors
TEXTILES & CLEANING
Gentle for both you & the environment
At all Bühlmann hotels, we go to great lengths to use environmentally friendly textiles and cleaning products. As a guest, it is definitely something you will notice when you enter your hotel room.
You can read about our initiatives in connection with cleaning below:
- We buy environmentally certified cleaning products and long-lasting cloths
- We make sure to use appropriate dosages of cleaning products and always try to minimise our consumption
- All our cleaning products and linen bear The Nordic Eco-label
- Our linen is washed at De Forenede Dampvaskerier due to their green profile
- We always encourage our guests to reuse as much as possible in the rooms
- We use environmentally friendly soaps from Meraki in our bathrooms
inclusion & education
Social sustainability that is noticeable
It is not only the environmental sustainability that we focus on. We also care deeply about how our fellow human beings feel, and believe that it is a crucial factor for a sustainable and healthy society.
You can read more about our initiatives of social sustainability below:
- We focus on staff welfare and ensuring staff wellbeing
- We deeply value proper staff training
- We give our staff the opportunity to develop both professionally as personally
- We contribute to educating students in various subjects and are very happy to accept interns at all our hotels
- We support concepts where the focus is on social sustainability. For example, we collaborate with Råt & Godt
We strive for the best
We are proud to announce that 5/6 of our hotels have been certified with the recognised eco-label known as theGreen Key. This means that we meet certain environmental requirements in a large number of areas.
In addition, 3 of our hotels have been awardedThe Organic Cuisine Labelin Bronze, which means that 30-60% of all the ingredients are organic.
We want to make a difference
At the Bühlmann hotels, we have come a long way in terms of sustainability and green solutions, and we are of course incredibly proud of that.
However, we must stress that sustainability is not something that is ever achieved. We are constantly evolving and improving. That is why we have set aourselves number of ambitious targets, which we are constantly striving to achieve.